Tuesday 20 June 2017

Topshop Treats

It's been a while again, I'm sorry.  As much as I love to write and share on my blog, it is a little hobby and unfortunately hobbies have to take back seats in life sometimes don't they.  The good news is my new Project Manager hat (for our home renovations) is fitting well and although I'm exhausted juggling everything, we are making progress and have actually cut through a door to my walk in wardrobe - priorities firmly in place (ok, a dishwasher and kitchen has also been ordered...)!  I digress, back to my passion.  We took some much needed time off at the end of May and had a day out shopping.  I'm always ducking and diving into shops for bits and bobs or shopping with clients so it was nice to properly spend time looking. Topshop won hands down.  My photo doesn't do this dress justice and the shoulders need to soften slightly but it is so comfortable and didn't break the bank at £24 (and 100% cotton!).  Would have loved it in a marl grey (pretty please Topshop?) but it was this or white so was a no brainer.  


Ruched Waist Corset T-Shirt Dress £24 
Then I went a little off-piste and took my own advice when I'm working with a client - always take something you think wouldn't work on you into the fitting room.  My item was these trousers.  I am desperate for a variation to my much loved jeans, I needed something to pull me out of a little clothing rut I've been in.  Now I will admit, they haven't been worn yet, they are high waisted and as much as they look fab here, I worry what else they will work with.  I love the fit, the colour, the waist but they are out of my comfort zone.  I know I just need to bite the bullet but I'm fragile at the moment - my wardrobe is in boxes and it's unnerved me a great amount!


Paperboy Utility Trousers £39
The t-shirt wasn't even questioned.  So me, so girly and classic with a high neck, it's a keeper.  


They only have it in the 'Tall' option online however do check stores as it was only 3 weeks ago. There is the grey option which I also love (and am very tempted by!).

Floral Applique T-Shirt £24 
I know people struggle with Topshop, they can be a little hit and miss for me also - and I am the wrong side of 35 just so you know!  However they do have classic pieces, pieces that last.  Recently I dug out an old Kate Moss for Topshop dress.  I wore it to a wedding and still enjoyed it and loved that no one else would be wearing it as it really is so old!  It's washed beautifully so has stood the test of time and I don't feel it's dated at all.  


Watch; Tag Heure
Clutch; Vintage Chanel
Shoes; Zara


4 comments:

  1. where are your ballet pumps from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Jones Bootmaker - but very very old I'm afraid! So well made and leather lined too. x

      Delete
  2. I love the khaki high waisted trousers, they're so flattering. I've been after something similar for ages so thanks for tip off ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you. They have to go back though :( I just can't get on with them at the back as I'm long waited and they are so high up. Such a shame as really love them X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...