Wednesday 11 January 2017

Homeware Inspiration & My Bargain Pieces

I warned you last year my blog was going to open up a little more and has done since then so it's about time I bought you a little homeware post.  Being in the midst of huge renovations and sales it's pretty hard not making major purchases right now but space is limited so I'm refraining!  It hasn't stopped me browsing though.  I've been a long standing fan of Laura Ashley, you really do get what you pay for, their quality is brilliant.  I was lucky enough to go to their press day last year which was so inspirational.

I am desperate for one of these love/snuggle chairs! 
How cosy does this set up look.  That chair so has my name on it.  
I love the whole look and feel of this lounge.  The navy sofa's are very tempting based on having two black cats and children that fail to keep sticky fingers off my nice furniture!
I'm a huge hook freak.  I love them and have them everywhere to help organise and make use of dead space.  I like the simplicity of this flower against a coloured wall.  
This Hydrangea hook is currently online for £5.40 (original price £12)
When can I move in!  The feather lamp shade is a firm favourite with my 10 year old for her new room. 
The feather cloud pendent was £70 but currently on sale at £44.10 so be quick!  
Continuing along the home front I was gifted some gorgeous table linen from a new brand Claribel London when I went to the Spirit of Christmas fair last year.  I was super impressed with their ethos and use of natural fibres.  The ladies behind the brand have created some amazing, unique pieces that are well worth a look.  

Too pretty to use in my building site of a home right now!  These have gone in my special tote full of saved up nice pieces for when our building work has finished. 
If you read my blog regularly you will have seen I purchased this chair last year (for the bargain price of £55 in the Bargain Basement section of Ikea!) - how good does that cushion of theirs look on it!  That's definitely one for my wish list.  

"SOURCED FROM RESPONSIBLE PRODUCERS, OUR PRODUCTS ARE MADE OF 100% PERUVIAN COTTON, HAND-DYED, CUT AND SEWN TO BESPOKE SPECIFICATIONS. NEVER MASS PRODUCED, EVERY STEP HAPPENS AT A DIFFERENT WORKSHOP - FROM THE INTRICATE STITCHING AND INDIVIDUAL EMBROIDERY TO THE ARTISANAL PRINTING. OUR 100% BABY ALPACA PRODUCTS ARE ALL HAND FINISHED AND WOVEN FOR THEIR SIGNATURE SOFTNESS. EVEN THE ALUMINIUM FOR OUR NAPKIN RINGS HAS BEEN HAND-FORGED EXCLUSIVELY FOR CLARIBEL.

Now my love of animal print doesn't just stop at my wardrobe, I'm known to throw in a few pieces around the home too. I'd been after a pouffe/foot stool ever since I'd seen these in Ikea however refused to pay the £200 price for one. I looked at all options, even considered buying a rug and making my own with an old coffee table but in the end I knew I had my heart set on these. Again, I saved a search on eBay and eventually one came up. I contacted the seller to ask re the condition and found out there were two. I paid £140 for both in the end and was going to sell one on depending on which I preferred (one more fluffy!). However the whole family loves them so much we're keeping both and will put one in the kitchen/diner when it's built. Thank you eBay!

The bench is also a second hand find via a lady I've met who restores furniture.  This old bench set me back £50.
I can't wait until my house is finished, I just love finding unique pieces to mix and match to furnish my home.  I've had to stop as we have now run out of space but this side table was another pre-loved and refurbished item but this time from a shop in a neighbouring town.  My parents ended up getting it for me for Christmas as I just loved it so much and couldn't get it out of my head.  I do the same with homeware that I do with clothes, I just fall for pieces and work them into my life somehow!  This glass top hexagon table was £65.

Please excuse the missing skirting - the back wall/window is going to be knocked into internal doors so there was no point fitting any yet.  Oh and the chocolates aren't all mine!  We didn't know there was parquet flooring in the house until after we moved in.  We've had it restored professionally but I'm struggling with how easily the pine dents so I don't think it will be forever but it makes a nice change and the carpet covering it was manky anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...