Thursday 10 November 2016

A Few Nice Coats - Ok, It's Camel Ones Again!

I didn't know what to call this blog post as I've lost count on how many camel coat  blog posts I've done.  I think I''ve pretty much given up looking for one for myself, I just can't find one the right shade that complements my skin tone. That being said, I still think it's a great staple in anyones wardrobe so I'm always keeping my eye out.  I found this gorgeous one below in Zara whilst shopping with a client.  It looked so good on her (not on me when I tried it on another day) and is such an easy coloured coat to wear.  It's 58% wool so not a bad amount of warmth in there for the money. 



Masculine Coat £99.99
Whilst browsing for the above I also found this one which has 50% wool and a double breasted style if you prefer that style coat on you. 

Buttoned Coat £69.99
As much as I've resigned myself to stop the hunt, it won't stop me trying on if I see one.  Whilst returning some kids clothes I spied this one on a mannequin in H&M.  My heart skipped a beat as I literally thought it might be it.  The colour wasn't bad (and I wasn't 100%, so my colour wasn't great!) and it fitted lovely around the shoulders and I loved the belt.  But yep, it was miles too long on little old me.  At £79.99 it wasn't cheap enough to warrant the additional work it needed to get it to the right length.  It was lined so it wouldn't have been a quick job for a seamstress.  Gutted yes!  My husband always goes on about not buying items that need alterations.  I don't 100% agree but his voice was ringing in my head at the time with this one.  It was 51% wool and 37% cotton so actually a pretty good mix of natural fibres as well as a little others.  I can't see it online in camel anymore, there is grey and black which is selling quick.  


How it should look - not like a full length coat!
Wool-blend coat £79.99

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you - always searching for the elusive camel coat - but so far haven't found it. I dread to think how many hours of my life I've invested in this ridiculous search of mine! The H&M one looks fab - I'm a bit of a giraffe so be interesting to see what the sizing is like on me. I'm off to see ........

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...