Monday 16 February 2015

The Fur Hooded Parka

So you know in my last post I gave myself just that little bit of leeway to still use my birthday money spends in my dry February?  Well thank goodness I did!  I found this last week when in-between a pre-school drop off and pick up I had to dash into town to run a few errands.  It was down to £40 in Topshop but too big and I also thought the fur hood was too much.  The more I thought about the coat though, the more I felt I had a gap for one (completely talked myself round of course).



A day later I then found this little gem in Miss Selfridge.  I don't have one local to me so grabbed the opportunity to pop in when I was passing.  As always I was in a hurry, sometimes that time limit with me is a good thing as I have to make a decision.  It fitted and was £95 down to £45.  I had my short wool Zara coat on that day but I really needed something longer.  My big puffa down one is great for terrible weather but this felt like a good in-between coat.  Job done!




As usual, it was hung up to look at but after only 48 hours, was worn.  The fur hood is so snuggly and soft around my neck - just what I need when my glands are up and fighting off my tonsillitis (hence I look pale but had to crack a cheesy smile for you!).  Sorry to say only a 4 is left online but do try the stores as there were a few in the one I looked in.  The fur is detachable and the lining makes it extra warm.  I have worn it every day since, why did I leave it so long to purchase a fur hooded parka I ask myself?!?



Not a lot left from Topshop online either but again, my local store had loads in.  There is this one from them online, £75 down to £50 if you are looking for something a little looser fit wise. 


Leaving you with my current situation.....and they work for any tonsillitis sufferers out there!




16 comments:

  1. The new parka looks fab....they are a must for a rainy school run! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet to try it out due to half term but it's an upgrade from my black Nike one! x

      Delete
  2. Oh you poor thing. Sore throats are just awful.
    Love your new parka - but no danger of me getting one anytime soon. The Teen in our household got one for Xmas and believe me, she would be less than amused if I were to get one too! Shame, because they look so snuggly and cosy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh do it just to annoy her when she's being really naughty lol! x

      Delete
  3. Sob sob sob. I have that parka Natalie and I paid full price. Mind you I've worn it loads. Only thing I find difficult is the hood flops over my eyes!! You look great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you've probably had more wear out of it for the Winter so don't you worry, I just have a habit of buying out or at the end of season! The hood is very heavy but doesn't flop near my eyes luckily - another coat does that though and agree it's a tad frustrating x

      Delete
  4. I also have a fur hooded parka although mine's navy. I wear it most days so you'll get plenty of wear out of it. this is my first time to your blog - I'm also a personal stylist. Hope your throat gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna, thanks for stopping by! Love the sound of your navy one. Am on the mend thanks x

      Delete
  5. Hope you are feeling better and keeping warm in that parka :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so young in it, about 12 years old, if parkers can guarantee that effect, i would rush out and buy one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so young in it, about 12 years old, if parkers can guarantee that effect, i would rush out and buy one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get well soon - nice coat, I have one that is a bit similar bought in Iceland years ago, the fur trim makes a big difference to feeling warm and snuggly I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does, I don't want to take it off when I get inside! x

      Delete
  9. It looks so cosy, Natalie. Hope you get well soon. Tonsillitis is horrible. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...