Monday 14 July 2014

The Skirt Got An Airing!

Well, finally I wore my stripy H&M skirt seen in my last post (and previously here on my blog) to my fabulous friends 40th.  It was still touch and go, I still thought it was borderline a little short due to how much it puffed out but I got over it and really enjoyed wearing it!  

(The white box is a cake I baked - not a unique/odd accessory I'd decided to add!)
I changed my mind last minute and decided to wear my Zara tank top instead of the grey Cos tee.  This was another sale purchase, £35.99 down to £10 and is 55% silk, 45% cotton, I adore it!  So much so I went back online this morning to order another but they have all sold out.  So if you see any in store, I fully recommend it.


I also changed my mind on the shoes (I am very impulsive when it comes to dressing on the actual day - unlike anything else in my life!).  I opted for my black suede Zara shoes as they just felt a tad more 'evening' and glam.  I was planning on my vintage pink Chanel clutch but as I went dark with the shoes, I chose my old faithful black Miu Miu clutch.  




I am slightly addicted to my Topshop flower necklace at the moment (another post where I am wearing it coming soon).  I was bought for me by my lovely (uber stylish) friend Jo years ago.  I tend to wear it loads then give it a break then dig it out again.  Well I've well and truly dug it out again recently.  It's just one of those necklaces that seems to go with everything, the tones and shades in it blend with my outfits and bring it all together.  I need another please Jo Jo!


Considering how much I don't wear skirts, I really loved wearing this one.  It felt very fun and girly for a change, especially with a high heel.  I had my Essie Lollipop nail polish on to add a bright pop of colour to my nails and kept the rest of my jewellery simple.


And finally, just because I am never happy with my photo shots of my outfit, one just before I went to bed as wanted to really show the volume of the skirt.  I am so happy I kept it.  It's always a good idea to push yourself out of your comfort zone from time to time!

19 comments:

  1. And it looks fabulous on you! And those Zara shoes - I'm rather liking those too! I go through phases with necklaces as well - I used to buy a lot more of them particularly when I was working and I went out more but I seemed to have stopped over the last few years. I always have a good nosey at the Anthropologie site at their jewellery though - something a little different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes were a very impulsive purchase last year but as they were suede (I love a suede shoe) I knew they would get some wear. I haven't looked at Anthropologie for a while, thanks for the reminder. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's absolutely stunning on you, Natalie, and perfectly accessorised too. Just gorgeous! I agree that it's good to try something different from time to time, you never know what you might discover! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt looks fab on, love it, and styling it with grey is inspired. You should give it more outings.
    Sue
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look totally fabulous Natalie! Love the skirt, you have styled it perfectly! It's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie you look stunning, such a gorgeous outfit it all looks fabulous & I love that necklace.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all, more skirt purchases now for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a lovely outfit. And you look about 16! NOT FAIR!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so delighted you wore it as it simply stunning on you! Perfectly styled outfit and beautifully accessorised. And I'm impressed you were still standing in those heels at the end of the night!! Ax ps in love with the miu miu xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heels remained on until the last minute purely for blog purposes!!! PS me too - 3 years on and I still never tire of it x

      Delete
  10. Stunning, stunning, stunning, you have styled this beautifully and look fab in it! I too am in love with your Miu Miu clutch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought myself one when I bought that necklace for you - it's fab isn't it, though I often forget I have mine!! Might let you borrow it if you've worn yours out - you wear it well. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few flowers have already been glued back on, I adore it!x

      Delete
  12. You look gorgeous Natalie! I love the skirt with the grey vest & that necklace is amazing! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...