Tuesday 15 January 2013

My Weekly Tesco Shop = Cashmere Yay!


I dread the Tesco shop, I always underestimate how long I will be in there and this time was no exception.  Alice and I started off with our list at the ready, eager to make it a quick shop.  Baby aisle done, half price clothing sale opposite, damn, it was going so well.  I spy the special protective covers over the cashmere section hanging up high (why don't stores think of short people when they hang things up high?) and excitedly threw 3 items in my trolley.  Yes, I admit, I am one of those annoying people who hog my sizes until I've made a decision.  I felt a little too excited at the prospect of half price cashmere to make a rational decision straight away.  So after an hour and a half and a very patient Alice, I headed back to the mirror to try on and decide.  I put back both the grey and black cardi's, they fitted well however I didn't really need them - I have black and grey cardi's.  For £25 I did grab the green jumper.  I love the high neck on me, I thought it was superb value and the colour would look great with black trousers.  There are still some left on line, but be quick, great quality and great value sell fast.





The cardi that didn't make the cut!
I thought this simple animal print tunic was a great addition to a wardrobe for £10 if pennies are tighter and you need (!) a pick me up piece.  Easy to wear with leggings or jeans (or as a dress!) it will take you anywhere.

12 comments:

  1. I really like the green jumper, it's a really pretty colour.

    Feyi
    uncovertheuntold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, brighter than in the on line picture but cheerful! x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous jumper - I can't wait to visit Tesco and Sainsbury's when I'm back in February!! I love a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None left online when I checked. Drat. But I love supermarket cashmere - I spend half my life in it! I find that some of it is as good if not better than some of the pricier cashmere I've had. I bought a little beige v-neck last November for £40 - it's still only the price of a good tee if you think about it but warmer and bigger for the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no - what were you after? If you type 'cashmere' in they come up, but sizes are starting to go;http://www.clothingattesco.com/page/search/?termtextkeywordsearch=cashmere&searchsubmit.x=0&searchsubmit.y=0
      Yes I agree, supermarkets have really upped their game x

      Delete
    2. And I call myself a shopper! Found them - the bright pink one is looking enticing but it's not on my shopping list at the moment - I'm trying to be good! I had my retail therapy last week and a girl needs to know when to stop!

      Delete
    3. I hear you Sue, literally just working out my birthday & Christmas pennies, now all spent, I am done - for a while....!!!x

      Delete
  4. And can I have Alice's hat? That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great score! Sadly I don't go to the Supermarket often as I shop online but might have to have a look and make an investment purchase. I'd like a navy v neck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo worth it, I wore all day yesterday and didn't bag or sag, I'll easily get another wear out of it before it needs a wash (or Alice/Holly add something 'childy' to it!!)
      No Navy though I'm afraid, just checked for you :( x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...