Tuesday 18 October 2011

Re-working the wardrobe


So instead of opening it and sighing at all the clothes I can't currently wear in my pregnancy (skinny jeans and tons of tops girl me!), I have decided to move out what is completely unwearable for now. Leaving me with, well a fraction of my wardrobe. Some thought needs to go into this!

Tunics and leggings have been my staple so far. Having not invested in maternity jeans just yet (I am 25 wks), I have relied upon what I have so far. With some new jeans on the horizon, I am keeping in some comfy flowing long tops to go with them as well as my cardy's as I love to layer. I am doing a little swap with the other wardrobe (coats/joggers/party dresses, general not every day wear) and bringing in the coats! Have decided that whilst my arms aren't growing larger (yet...), I am going to change my look with some blazers, gilets and coats. They don't need to be done up over the bump do they! I have some cute leather gilets I can throw over my tunics to add a little something else, I just need to be a bit more playful with what I have! Who cares if I get it wrong now - I am pregnant - hormones a plenty, am going with that excuse! Summer vest tops on shelf being swapped with scarves - they are currently stuck in a box (a pretty one though!) and need to be used more to change my look.

I did go and purchase a lovely pink lippy from Chanel, a little bit of cheerful luxury in my pocket brightens my day! Used my points from Boots to also purchase the matching lip liner, love how a small but luxurious purchase can change the way you feel. Was well worth hanging on to my birthday vouchers for 9 months to use when I needed a pick me up. Bought the new Rouge Allure Velvet in L'Exuberante.

Haven't managed to get to the Bare Minerals counter yet, that was my October challenge so still some time to sort out my base make-up!

Shopping list item - some maternity tights so I can wear a dress instead of leggings and a tunic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...