Tuesday, 24 August 2010
I love love loved Jessica Alba's Christian Louboutin shoes (left), then found a great high street version in Dune! Not exact as peep toes and the picture doesn't do them justice, but the same long gap up the middle, so elegant. Take a look at them on the Dune website. They do them in a great Taupe colour too, fab for £85! They are called 'Samantha'
People, Pleeease don't go paying full price for yours! When you find the pair just right for you, take down the style code (or make some excuse to the shopping assistant that they are going on your birthday list blah blah blah) then Google! You can save so much money by buying direct from the Internet or even shipping from abroad! My Versace's i found in Debenhams, then found them twice (1st pair i lost somewhere down Bond Street out the back of the pram....!) at least £50 cheaper on the web! Once from glassescentre.com then the second time was on Ebay. Same with my Prada's, yes i waited a few months for them to come up on Ebay but i would rather do that and pocket an extra £50. Save the code as a search on Ebay then they will just email you when someone lists them. Honestly, it's the way forward if you haven't got bags of cash to throw around on designer item's but insist on the luxury! Email me if you need help, just make sure you get all the code from the inside arm of the glasses, good luck!
(My Prada SPS50i in black colour code 1BO1A1 shown above, £99.99 inc delivery from Ebay, i found originally for £165 in duty free!)
Sunday, 15 August 2010
After my recent Virgin Camper experience, my top 5 must have's for yummy mummy's that have to camp (but insist on still looking damn good);
1. Hunter wellies, a celeb staple and seen at all festivals. Not only are these too cool for school (think Kate Moss!) but they really are the best waterproof welly on the market! I bought the shorter version as I was not blessed in the height department and opted for the bright pink (as advised by a wise friend, why spend all that money on wellies for them not to stand out?!?!). Recommend javari.co.uk, fast next day delivery & great prices.
2. North Face gilet, especially if you are camping in the UK, the weather changes at the drop of a hat! So handy for chucking on and when you have kids you easily get hot & bothered running about after them, so no sleeves keeps you at just the right body temperature, I lived in mine! Currently on offer at Blacks (follow high-lighted link)
3. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour skin protectant - a must! Not only is this wonder balm good for you (lips, nails...), but is great for any cuts/insect bites the kids may pick up. A truly 'can't live without' product.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo, in case you have very dodgy showers which you (or your child!) refuses to use! A few sprays, a comb, chuck it back in a pony tail, and as good as new!
5. An SPF daily face moisturiser - should be a staple, but we need to be reminded at times ladies! Our skin is just as important as our kids. To save time (which lets be honest we rarely have) by applying a normal cream then a sun cream, ensure you take with you an all in one. Most ranges do have an SPF in now, so grab one and take it along. I use an Olay one, as it's a small tube I can just pack in my handbag and apply through-out the day if needs be. Has an SPF 15.
Thursday, 5 August 2010
Check out these gorgeous leather boots, new in from M&S. Am loving the grey version (they come in black too), and think they are fab value for £55. Be quick, these are going to fly! Yes, i know we are technically still in our 'Summer', but there's nothing like forward planning when it comes to a damn good fashion buy! Save time and hassle come the Winter season and grab now. Will look fab with black tights or over super skinny jeans. Invest in your Winter now!
Monday, 2 August 2010
23-26 September 2010, Somerset House, London
Ok, so if you've not heard of this - where have you been all you fashionista's?!?! So no, you aren't actually going to London Fashion Week, but once it has finished, it's time for the general public to get a look in. New up & coming designers sell off samples or just their usual stock, add to this already well known brands (think Lola Rose, Billy Bag, Juicy Couture) all at discounted prices, and you are in for a very good day out! There's a chance to also get your hair and make-up done, along with sipping Champagne when you need a little rest! My sister and I have been to the last 2 and grabbed some amazing bargains, not to mention opened us up to new designers (love Pyrus!). We pay for the Gold ticket £34.50 which gets us entry, a goodybag (Lizzie Arden 8 hr lip balm in my sisters!) and a catwalk show for the following seasons main trends presented by Louise Roe (she's fab!). Best buy so far has to be our Luella bottle green snakeskin clutch for £40! Even the outlet shop at Bicester Village were selling at over £100! This time, Angel Jackson, French Sole (sooo grabing me some well made classic ballet pumps), House of Harlow 1960 & Winter Kate (Nicole Richie - wooohoooo!!) are all selling at the week-end. Am very excited!